Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pleased to introduce....

Kennedy Susan Crow
Born 09-29-09
8 lbs. 4oz 19 1/2 inches tall

Kennedy's labor story: I woke up on the 29th (7am) and had contractions. They weren't horrible but they weren't comfortable. Since I had contractions for what seems like forever with Keely I didn't know if I should go in or try and wait as long as I could... Well I couldn't wait too long. My Mom took me (Kevin meet us) and we arrived at the hospital at 10am. The first time they checked me I was dilated to a 3- almost a 4 and 70% effaced. Once I knew I was staying my Mom left and took Keely home. (She wasn't allowed in the delivery room) They had me walk around the hospital for 45 minutes (torture) and my water broke. The nurse tried to tell me that it probably wasn't my water it was probably the gel from the exam... please... so I asked her to check me "just in case" and yep... my water broke... From there the contractions got worse and worse. I think it was about 1pm that I got my epidural. After the epidural they checked me and I was dilated to a 6. My sister Emily (Amy) showed up and we all hung out for a couple of hours. The process happened alot quicker than I was expecting. At about 3pm they checked me and I was at a 9-10 and then started to push- pushed for 10 minutes and Kennedy was born. She had the cord wrapped around her neck twice! and I don't remember the technical term but her cord I guess was barely attached to the placenta and they told me she must have been a real fighter to be born so healthy with both those things against her. I was surprised that she weighed so much more than Keely being that both of them were exactly 16 days early.

10 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Congratulations she's beautiful! Wish you guys were here!

Andrea said...

That is scary. What a blessing she is. She must have a great purpose here on earth! You are such a great mom! Beautiful girls. congratulations!

Christi said...

She's so cute, CONGRATS!!

Michelle Nguyen said...

Congratulations! She is so cute!

Rachel said...

Aaahhh! She's so cute! I can't believe that she had the cord thing. Crazy! Hope you're feeling good.

P.S. Super cute carseat covers. Did your mom just make those up? Is there a pattern? Tell her I want one...with or without a baby. I'll save it.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

I love her!!! Bring her to me! :)

Suni said...

Congrats!! She is a dolly! That is scary about the cord around her neck, I am glad you and her are doing good!!

lanisue said...

Congratulations Candis! Funny how we try so hard to have kids and then one day surprise:)

Jodie said...

Congrats!!! Love the picture!!

Belle n Kent said...

Oh how wonderful!!! I'm so glad she's here and looking so beautiful!!! Isn't it so nice to finally have pregnancy out of the way?! So happy for you guys!