Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rough Couple of Days

We have had a rough couple of days around here. We went to Keely's Dr. appt on Monday and found out that she had lost lots of weight. She was down to 5lbs 10 ounces. (she was born 6 lbs 12 ounces) Dr. suggested to add formula to her diet to make sure she was getting enough. Well I decided to just pump, she really has been struggling latching on anyways, and this way I know exactly how much she is getting. I have to feed her 3 oz every two hours... what does that equal.... No sleep for me. The Dr. also had us do a Jaundice test cause she said her skin looked a little yellow, then turned and looked at me and said "well you are a little yellow too." thanks....anyways and another PKU test (I guess AZ requires two PKU test...lame) Well the Dr. said she was ordering the Jaundice test stat and if she did have it that she would call that night. Well that night came and went so I figured we were out of the clear. Nope... Got a call in the morning to bring her back in for another Jaundice test. We did get the results tonight though and she thankfully is good. I don't know if any of you relate but my emotions are already on an all time high so all this information caused me much stress and worry. I had Kevin call our Bishop and he came over and gave Keely a beautiful blessing to help her get the nutrition that she needed and to continue to grow and be healthy. (I think it helped me more that her). Well thats been our last couple days in a nut shell. I am so grateful that my mom and Kevin have been here to help. I told my mom that she can never leave.
This Keely getting a bath! You have to admit she is so dang cute! Her ambilical cord fell off tonight so maybe tomorrow she will get a bath in her new bath tub (Thanks Lisa!).

6 comments:

The Scott Family said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Rachel told me you had her, so as soon as I got home from vacation I checked your blog. She is so cute, what a little blessing. Have fun with her and enjoy every minute. ( Sorry cause I know the lack of sleep sucks)

Unknown said...

I found your blog!!! yay for baby Keely!! I'm going to call and bug you tomorrow because I have an hour lunch break and I'm right by your house. I want to see this beautiful baby in real life!!

What's for dinner? said...

The memories are flooding back in. Max was born with Severe Jaundice and he was kept in the hospital under bilirubin lights for a little over 3 days straight. He had a nice tan. Like I emailed you both of my kids struggled with there weight and lost a bunch. call me if you ever want someone to talk to.

Carly said...

I know exactly how you feel about the weight and feedings! I had to supplement Sam with formula because she lost too much weight, and she was too sleepy to eat for the first few days at home. It was very stressful for both of us (lots of tears on both sides), and I thought adding the formula after nursing would make her lazy and she would never nurse, but it wasn't true and she nurses just fine and turned into a total chubbo. :) On the plus side, now she will take the occasional formula bottle if we're out and I don't want to nurse in public!
You will be okay too, but it is very hard the first few days. Call anytime if you need to!

Suni said...

The first few months with a new born feels like you are on an emotional rollercoaster! Then you add no sleep and you begin to wonder how you can do this....but you can! She is a cutie!!

Lisa said...

Goodness, you have all been through a ton it sounds! Glad you are doing ok now... and glad you FINALLY got your bathtub ;)
(haha, saw your comment)

Sending you love and good thoughts! Keep me updated!